Yoga is a great and relaxing way to stay healthy. It allows you to become more flexible, and tone your muscles with simple and fun poses. It also improves health disorders such as high blood pressure. The list really goes on and on.
So this week, we come to you with different Yoga poses that are sure to keep you happy and healthy:)
Benefits: stretches and strengthens entire body, helps to relieve back pain.
The Downward Facing Dog AKA Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Get on your hands and knees with your wrists underneath your shoulders and your knees underneath your hips.
- Stretch the elbows and relax the upper back between your shoulder blades, it will give you the feeling that your arms fall into your shoulder blades.
- Exhale and lift your knees and draw your back backwards from the pelvis, so that your arms and back form one line.
- Stretch your legs so that it feels like someone is behind and is pulling your legs and hips backwards from the top of your upper legs. Let your head hang down in a relaxed sort of way.
- When you have placed your back and your legs correctly, stretch out your arms. This will result in a stretching from two sides of the back: a stretching from the pelvis and a stretching from the arms. When the back and the chest are placed correctly, you will notice that you can quietly breathe in and out through the belly. Take your time to work out the stretching further and further.