The Extended Triangle pose AKA Utthita Trikonasana is good for strengthening your legs, stretching the groins, hamstrings, and hips. It will also help with back pain.
- Begin by reaching your right arm forward, drawing your right thigh upwards and tucking your hip as you come forward.
- Drop your right hand down onto your shin or ankle, or if you are more flexible, onto the floor inside or outside your right foot. Do what feels most comfortable.
- Your right shoulder will stack on top of the left one as you open your chest reaching your left fingertips upwards while keeping your right shoulder rooted in its socket.
- Take your gaze up toward your left fingertips.
- Draw your right thigh muscle upwards, deepening your right hip crease.
- Stack your left hip on top of your right hip.
Repeat on the left side
We hope you find this pose as relaxing and rewarding as we did! :)