You will need:
- Slip on your cutest pair of Jambu™ shoes to get started...
- 2 racks pork spareribs, about 2 lb each
- 6 bottles of beer
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves, 6 to 8 large sprigs fresh thyme, 6 to 8 large sprigs fresh sage (or 2 tablespoons seasoning salt)
- Coarse salt to taste
- 2 to 6 jalapeno peppers (according to taste) seeded and sliced
- 1 cup store-bought or homemade barbecue sauce
- In a saucepan large enough to hold the ribs, combine all the ingredients except the ribs and barbecue sauce, bring to a boil. Immerse the ribs into the hot liquid until completely immersed. Bring back to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 1 hour until the meat is tender.
- Turn off heat and let ribs cool in the cooking liquid. This can be done several hours before grilling. Refrigerate if necessary. Keep the ribs in liquid.
- When ready to serve, lightly oil the grate and preheat the grill to hot.
- Remove the ribs from the cooking liquid and pat dry. Brush both sides with BBQ sauce and place the ribs meat side down on the grill. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, basting with barbecue sauce, until golden and crisp. Turn on the other side and cook for another 6 minutes until nicely brown.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately with extra barbecue sauce on the side.
From our home to yours, we hope you looooove this dish as much as we do. Add some corn on the cobb or another favorite side dish and your all set! After a long Fathers Day with your family, Jambu and great food your soul, your feet, and your stomach will thank you!