Speaking of BBQs...
- This 4th of July, an estimated 150 million hot dogs will be consumed. That's roughly 1 dog for every two people in the U.S!
- Ironically, the majority of the nation's flags and patriotic paraphernalia is produced in China. Nearly $349 million dollars are used each year to import in the flags, banners, decorations, and emblems. (You know what else is made it China? Your favorite Jambu's™ ;))
- The 4th of July wasn't declared a national holiday until 1941.
- Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national animal - he was outvoted when John Adams and Thomas Jefferson chose the bald eagle.
- Both Thomas Jefferson and John Adams died on Independence Day, July 4, 1826.
- The Declaration of Independence, didn't even get signed on July 4, 1776. The official event occurred on August 2, 1776, when 50 of the 56 men signed it. (John was the only person to actually sign on July 4, 1776 - go John!)
Do you know of anymore fun facts you'd like to share? We'd love to read them!
We hope you and your family have a great 4th of July :)