As the weather gets cooler, and the leaves start falling, I thought I would share one of my favorite fall recipes for Butternut Squash soup. This recipes is so quick, easy, delicious, and nutritious!
What you'll need:
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 pounds prepared peeled, cubed butternut squash
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (or 2 frozen crushed garlic cubes)
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger (or 1 teaspoon ginger powder)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Throw all ingredients into a 6qt pot. Cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer, and cover. Allow to cook for 30-40 min (until butternut squash is soft).
- Use an potato masher or fork to purée or mash squash and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Let us know how it came out, and don't hesitate to share your favorite fall recipes! :)