We were looking around, checking out green ways to add to your cute outfits - we love what we found! Here is an easy way to make a stylish necklace (out of an old t-shirt!) that can add to any old look.
What you will need:
- An old 100% cotton t-shirt that you want to put to good use
- A ruler
- Fabric scissors
- A flat, clean surface.
- Put the shirt on the flat, clean surface - make sure to lay it on smoothly, with no bumps that could get in the way.
- Cut off the hem at the bottom of the shirt, and throw it away.
- Cut the shirt into strips about 3/4 inch wide - make sure to cut the strips so that they create a loop.
- Once the shirt is all cut up, take each strip and stretch it until it curls at the edges.
- Put each curled strip one on top of the other until the necklace is as thick as you want it.
- Cut one extra loop so that it is a long string of t-shirt, and wrap it around one section of your loops (make it about 2-3 inches thick).
Rock this cute necklace with your favorite Jambu™'s - you'll feel great about this eco-friendly look!
Don't forget about our raffle! It's ongoing for the rest of the month :)
- You get 1 entry for adding us on our Facebook pages, Twitter, and Blog - so if you're not following, thats 4 easy entries right there!
- You get 5 entries for commenting the amount of people you've invited to a site (just don't forget to comment on the corresponding site!).
- You get 2 entries for ANY type of interaction of Facebook, 4 for an @Jambufootwear Tweet, 6 entries just for leaving a comment on our blog, and a whopping 10 entries when you post a pic of you in your favorite shoes !!(Jambu™'s of course;)